Saturday, January 24, 2009

It's a good thing if it hurts

As I mentioned last post - I joined the YMCA. I went to my first class on Tuesday and I hurt until yesterday!Last night I went to a Yoga class. I went with my sister, Liz, and well, it was interesting. First of all we were the youngest ones in the class - by 30-40 years!!!! (She's 16 years younger than I am) So, there we are, doing our stretches when I realize the music that is playing in the background is actually The Lord's Prayer! Which is fine if you're in church, but um, HELLO! this is the Y folks! It says nowhere in the class description that we would be exposed to such things. We also took time out in class to "pray" and count our blessings. Now I understand that Yoga has a spiritual component to it, but if that is going to be included in the lesson - I think that it should be included in the course description. There was no working out today because the Y closes at, get this, 5 on Saturdays! Apparently people don't work out after 5 on the weekend.

On all other fronts: the kids are good, hubby is busy working on schoolwork, cat is a pain in the ass (but cute as hell), and I'm still up to date on my school work and understanding it all - yay!

Wow, this was a stretch for a post - I have no creative juice left in my body for this after doing English homework :(
Sorry for the crappy post...till next time!!

Muah!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah they could have told ya about the religious parts but umm you do know that YMCA stands for Young Mens "CHRISTIAN" Association right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well yeah but that was like....eons ago when it was created - you can definitely not "go there and have a good meal". I jsut wasn't expecting it, ya know? Although at the one that used to be near my house in Illinois - you used to be able to rent rooms there; it was like a hotel. Kinda creepy if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete