Tuesday, January 20, 2009

There are muscles where??

I did it. I joined the YMCA near my house. I went to my first class today. FitBall & Sculpt. Well I can tell you that I now know that I have muscles in places I didn't think they could exist. I also learned something more unpleasant - I really need to work on doing some ore Kegel exercises. Jumping Jacks are NOT my friend! I didn't realize that my pelvic muscles were THAT weak! The class was AWESOME though! I worked hard; broke a sweat and plan on going back on Thursday! My husband, Kenny, says he'll be surprised if I'll even be able to walk tomorrow - I'm kinda scared. I must have worked every muscle group from my abs down. We used the balance ball and just did various balances, lifts, and other moves that targeted EVERY muscle I had!
My plan is to go 6 days a week. Not the same class, I'd do this one on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Then on Mondays and Wednesdays I want to do "Zumba", which is a Latin-dance based aerobics and strength class. On Fridays there is the Intro. to Spin class and then Kickboxing on Saturday mornings!! I REALLY want to do the Kickboxing class!!! I just hope I can move by then!

The other thing I need to mention after watching the Presidential Inauguration, President Obama is TRULY an amazing speaker. I was captivated listening to his Inaugural Speech. I'm not going to analyze his speech - I'm not the right person to do that. I have not enough experience or the knowledge to do so. I'm just amazed in the President's ability to give speeches. I wish I had that confidence and ability for speech.

I shall update you more frequently with my exercise stories - which could possibly be quite funny - maybe if you're lucky!

1 comment: